This straightforward Potato Soup recipe is actually the ideal! It’s fast and straightforward to make on the stovetop, it’s good and creamy (with out utilizing hefty cream), and it’s usually so cozy and comforting and tasty.
Do you have a preferred potato soup recipe?
If not — psst — bookmark this a single!
This easy potato soup recipe has been my experimented with-and-true, back-pocket, all-time-preferred for above a decade now. It’s flawlessly rich and creamy (without making use of heavy cream), it’s total of flavor (because bland potato soup is the worst), it’s simple to adapt to be vegetarian and/or gluten-totally free (see beneath), and it is usually, always a crowd fave. I guarantee it won’t let you down.
Let’s make some potato soup!
Potato Soup Recipe | one-Minute V >
Potato Soup Components:
To make this effortless potato soup recipe, you will need:
And finally…toppings! I’m a big believer that the much more, the merrier when it comes to toppings and potato soup. Some classic options could incorporate
How To Make Potato Soup:
To make this potato soup recipe, basically:
- Cook the bacon. Dice and then saut it in a huge stockpot till it’s nice and crispy. Then transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, and reserve a handful of tablespoons of leftover grease in the stockpot (discarding the rest.)
- Saut the veggies. Saut the onion and garlic in the bacon grease till softened. Then stir in some flour, to produce your roux.
- Include broth and potatoes. Then add the stock, milk and potatoes. Cook right up until the potatoes until finally softened, getting positive to stir the soup often so that the bottom does not burn.
- Add remaining ingredients. Then stir in the cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and crispy bacon bits. Taste and season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm. Then serve it up, loaded up with all of your favorite toppings!
Guys, there are so many methods to customize this soup! Some choices could consist of:
What To Serve With Potato Soup:
Looking for some side dishes to serve with this potato soup recipe? Here are a couple of of my faves: